Attorney // LaCava Law Firm, LLC
Born in Illinois and raised in Florida, Real Estate and Estate Planning Attorney Michael LaCava graduated from the University of Florida, Levin College of Law in 2013. During school and thereafter, Michael gained valuable experience in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Family Law, Real Estate Law, and Labor and Employment.
In 2015, Michael resettled in Illinois with his family, and shortly thereafter founded LaCava Law Firm, LLC, and began serving the Fox Valley area and surrounding Chicagoland. In a short time, Michael earned an excellent reputation for his thoroughness, knowledge, accessibility, and professionalism.
Different in many ways from a typical attorney, Michael prides himself on his responsiveness, attention to detail, and the close relationships that he shares with his clients and other referring professionals. Specializing in estate planning and real estate transactions, Michael has successfully helped over a thousand clients with their needs.
Our commitment to each client remains consistent, we treat each client with the professional attention and service they deserve, without cutting corners. The results of that dedication are evident in the reputation we have built. Our clients love us for good reason, we deliver and provide the level of service we promise.
Algonquin is a village in McHenry and Kane counties, Illinois, in the United States. It is a suburb of Chicago, located approximately 40 miles (64 km) northwest of the Loop. As of the 2010 census the village’s population was 30,046, and as of 2019 the estimated population was 30,897.
The village is known as “The Gem of the Fox River Valley”, referring to the location of its downtown. Established in 1890 and long known as a small river community, the village is making the transition into a major regional hub, as it has experienced considerable suburban growth over the past 20 years. Now stretching all the way west to the busy Randall Road corridor, Algonquin has become a major commercial center, with popular shopping centers and restaurants, as well as a growing corporate campus. Additionally, the village continues to see considerable residential growth. With this growth, the village has had to deal with challenges including traffic congestion and overburdened schools, yet has managed to increase the commercial tax base, preserve its character and history, and substantially increase its recreational offerings and quality of life.
Algonquin is located in southeastern McHenry County and northeastern Kane County at 42°9′46″N 88°18′9″W (42.162741, −88.302571). It is bordered to the north by Lake in the Hills, to the northeast by Cary, to the east by Barrington Hills, and to the south by Carpentersville.
As of the 2010 census, Algonquin had a total area of 12.41 square miles (32.14 km2), of which 12.23 square miles (31.68 km2) (or 98.55%) were land and 0.18 square miles (0.47 km2), or 1.45%, were water. Approximately 78% of the village area is in McHenry County, with the remainder in Kane County.
As of the census of 2010, there were 30,046 people, 10,247 households, and 8,170 families living in the village. The population density was 2,452.7 people per square mile (946.6/km2). There were 10,727 housing units, of which 480, or 4.5%, were vacant. The racial makeup of the village was 87.2% White, 1.7% African American, 0.2% Native American, 7.3% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 1.8% some other race, and 1.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.8% of the population.
Of the 10,247 households in the village, 44.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 69.3% were headed by married couples living together, 7.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.3% were non-families. 16.4% of all households were made up of individuals, and 5.1% were someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.93, and the average family size was 3.32.
Long before Europeans settled in Algonquin, the Potawatomi Native Americans originally inhabited the land. Algonquin was the location of Indian burial mounds known in the 1800s as the Algonquin Mounds. By 1834 the first settler of Algonquin, Samuel Gillilan, came to the area from Virginia. Settlers Dr. Cornish, Dr. Plumleigh, Eli Henderson, Alex Dawson, and William Jackson arrived shortly thereafter. There was some dispute regarding the original name of Algonquin, and numerous other names were suggested including Denny’s Ferry, Cornish Ferry, Cornishville, and Osceola. But Samuel Edwards suggested the name Algonquin and on December 23, 1847, the name Algonquin became official.
The first signs of economic growth occurred in 1855 when the town saw the construction of the railroad, which enabled farmers in the neighboring area to have other means of getting their products to the markets in Chicago. Finally on February 25, 1890, the Village of Algonquin was formed.
The Village Hall of Algonquin was erected on January 31, 1907, at 2 South Main Street, and is still standing today, where it functions as a historical landmark and community gathering place. It served as the village hall of Algonquin until a new village hall was built at 2200 Harnish Drive in 1996.
From 1906 to 1913, the automobile companies began to go to the Algonquin Hill Climbs, which was an event where if an automobile was able to make it up a series of steep hills in the village, it would be given the stamp of approval. And because of that, the Algonquin Cup was formed which received national recognition at the time. The two hills used in the race were the Phillips Hill which extends from Illinois Route 31 to the cemetery and Perry Hill, located south of downtown, and which is now Lundstrom Lane. The village created a new hill for the race called Huntington Hill, which is now Huntington Drive. A park stands in place of the finish line of Huntington Hill at the intersection of Huntington Drive and Circle Drive which is called Hill Climb Park. The festival in recognition of the event continues to be held each year.
Algonquin road route 62 now, was once noted as the first bridge to be installed on an incline. The first bridge was level with a steep incline headed east. It was later replaced with a 4 lane bridge with an incline to reduce stress on vehicles headed east.
For much of the 20th century, Algonquin was a quasi-resort town and people from the Chicago area would visit the town in order to escape urban life. The Fox River offered immense recreational opportunities and several summer homes were constructed. Soon, more people began living in Algonquin year-round. Algonquin remained a small town for much of the 20th Century, growing steadily, until the 1980s, when the village’s population exploded with new residential construction. The development continued in earnest in the 1990s and 2000s. The village’s first shopping center, Algonquin Town Center, was constructed in the late 1980s on East Algonquin Road and numerous die & mold industries were established west of downtown. In the 1990s, development shifted to Randall Road, which saw the construction of numerous retailers, restaurants, and services, beginning in 1993. In 2004, the 80-store Algonquin Commons outdoor mall (the largest outdoor mall in Illinois) opened for business, followed by the Algonquin Galleria outdoor mall, which is under development and saw its first stores open in 2006. In the mid-2000s, development also began on the Algonquin Corporate Campus, which is slated to include industrial and office development spread over 1,000 acres (4.0 km2) on the southwest side of the village, bringing hundreds of high-paying jobs to the area.
LaCava Law Firm, LLC
Michael@LaCavaLawFirm.com // Phone: (630) 444-7504
Fax: (630) 444-7538
25 N. River Lane, Suite 100
Geneva, IL 60134
© 2022 Illinois Estate Planning & Real Estate Attorney | LaCava Law Firm, LLC. Website Managed by LoanSites
Download our free Estate Planning Guide!